Hi! I’m Amy Giaquinto, founder of Parent Healthy Kids. I am also an ACE Certified Personal Fitness Trainer, writer and very busy mother of two young children.
I started Parent Healthy Kids because there aren’t many reliable resources available for parents who want to make simple changes that will improve the nutrition, health and well-being of the entire family.
I know that all too often we, as parents, are told by a physician, “feed your kids a well-balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains” and make sure they get some exercise every day. But then we’re not given the tools or resources necessary to implement these changes.
- What exactly is a “well-balanced diet?”
- What happens when someone in your family is allergic to or intolerant to one or more of the 5 major food groups?
- How do you create quick, nutritious meals and snacks when 90% of your meals and snacks are eaten on the run?
- Is it possible to eat out and be healthy?
- How do you get a picky eater to eat vegetables?
- How do you get a couch potato moving?
- What do you do when your kid loathe exercise?
- How to reduce your family’s caloric intake without dieting?
- What do you do when you or your spouse loathe exercise?
- Is there an easy way to create nutritious, home cooked meals?
- How are we, as parents, supposed to find the time and energy to plan nutritious meals, cook, exercise, then get our kids to exercise when we barely have time to shower and get dressed?
At Parent Healthy Kids, you’ll find answers to all of those questions and a lot more. You’ll discover articles and videos exploring:
- Fact-based, healthy weight loss strategies for the entire family
- How to make simple behavior modifications that will improve your family’s health
- Weekly menus, complete with recipes (most of which are allergen friendly)
- The best time-saving cooking tips
- How to make exercise fun, rather than a chore
- How to exercise when you’re dealing with chronic pain or arthritis
- How to find unique activities the entire family will love
- Binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia
- How to recognize mood disorders like depression and anxiety in both kids and parents
- And much more
Not only that, but I offer a step-by-step weight loss/health improvement program geared for the entire family. So join me on the journey to improve your family’s health. I can’t wait to work with you!